Spark of Life CBD and Vitality CBD: A Comparison
What is Spark of Life CBD?
Spark of Life CBD produces a 500mg full spectrum CBD formula enriched with three other plant-based compounds: black seed oil, turmeric and a special cinnamon extract called cinnamaldehyde. This type of product is known as a supplement stack, which is a combination of two or more compounds taken together strategically to provide synergistic results.
Why does Vitality CBD not offer a CBD stack product?
Vitality CBD focuses on optimizing the effects of CBD, as CBD provides significant effect as an individual ingredient, especially when properly formulated. Vitality CBD ensures the highest possible potency and purity of its CBD tinctures through bioengineering their tinctures. The following steps are necessary for highest efficacy with a CBD tincture:
- All Vitality tinctures use a 99% pure isolate base, in order to provide consistent potency, purity and effect. Any raw extract full spectrum tincture is subject to variation in crops and farming practices and can be exposed to toxicants like pesticides.
- Our pure CBD isolate is nano-parted into nanometre size for optimal bioavailability. This allows for CBD to easily cross the mucous membrane and enter the bloodstream. Raw extracted full spectrum CBD typically has larger CBD molecules that are denatured in the digestive process before they are even able to enter the bloodstream.
- Proven potentiating hemp terpenes are added to the formula that enhance conversion of CBD at the CB1 receptor site. Different terpenes act on different pathways at the receptor, each governing different functions, for example; pain and inflammation, anxiety and stress response, sleep function and immunity.
- Tinctures are formulated in an organic hemp seed carrier oil, which causes far fewer side effects than the more commonly used MCT carrier oil.
- Our concentrations begin at the 1500mg level as this is the minimum required concentration for significant efficacy. Strengths go up from there to 3000mg and 6000mg. The more common commercial strengths of 500mg and 1000mg are not high enough to create optimal results.
- Advanced tinctures contain a 1:1:1 ratio of CBD, CBG and CBN, all naturally occurring synergistic cannabinoids found in the hemp plant alongside CBD that have been studied to provide health benefits, especially with inflammation and sleep. These cannabinoids are only available in trace amounts in any raw natural extract.
- Lastly, but not at all least, we focus on affordability, ensuring our customers can access premium CBD products for direct to consumer prices.
Why should you be cautious when taking CBD in a stack?
While taking a supplement stack like the Spark of Life tincture can be beneficial in some cases, it can also have risks and potential side effects. Here are some of the most common risks associated with taking a supplement stack:
- Interactions with medications: Some dietary supplements can interact with prescription medications, altering their effects and potentially leading to negative health outcomes.
- Overdosing on a compound: Taking concentrated doses of certain compounds can lead to toxicity and have harmful effects on your health.
- Lack of regulation: Dietary supplements are not regulated in the same way as prescription medications, so their quality and safety can vary greatly.
- Unintended side effects: Taking multiple dietary supplements can increase the risk of unintended side effects, such as digestive problems, skin irritation, and allergic reactions. When there are many possible compounds taken at once it can be difficult to identify which is causing the issue.
- False health claims: Some supplement companies make false or exaggerated health claims about the benefits of their products, leading people to rely on them for treatment of serious health conditions instead of seeking proper medical care.
It’s important to consult with a healthcare provider before taking a CBD supplement stack, especially if you have any underlying health conditions or are taking prescription medications. Your healthcare provider can help you determine if a supplement stack is appropriate for you and ensure that it’s safe and effective.
What are the benefits and side effects of Spark of Life CBD tincture ingredients?
Cinnamon is known for certain health benefits, including reducing the risk of Alzheimer’s disease, controlling blood sugar levels, eliminating bad breath, relieving arthritis pain, boosting the immune system, treating respiratory issues, promoting weight loss, easing menstrual cramps, reducing acne, and providing relief for toothaches. Cinnamaldehyde is the main chemical compound responsible for these effects.
Consuming cinnamaldehyde in small amounts as a food additive is generally considered safe. However, taking high concentrations of cinnamaldehyde supplements can cause some side effects, including:
- Skin irritation: Cinnamaldehyde can cause skin irritation, itching, and redness in some people.
- Allergic reactions: Some people may be allergic to cinnamaldehyde and experience symptoms such as hives, swelling, and difficulty breathing.
- Liver damage: High doses of cinnamaldehyde supplements have been linked to liver damage in some cases.
- Interactions with other medications: Cinnamaldehyde may interact with certain medications, such as blood thinners, and alter their effects.
Black Seed Oil (Nigella Sativa) is related to the Cannabis Sativa plant, both of which are members of the Sativa species and produce seeds. It is packed with essential fatty acids like Linoleic Acid and over a dozen essential amino acids, minerals, cholesterol-lowering phytosterols, and carotenes.
One of the unique features of Black Seed Oil is its composition of natural compounds such as Thymoquinone (TQ), Thymohydroquinone (THP), and Thymol. These compounds have been shown to be effective alternatives to conventional pharmaceuticals, including antibiotics, and several antiviral and antifungal drugs. They have been linked to positive outcomes in various conditions, including asthma, hypertension, headaches, diabetes, influenza, eczema, and more.
However, while black seed oil is generally considered safe for most people when taken in small amounts, taking concentrated doses of black seed oil supplements can cause some side effects. Here are some of the most common side effects of consuming too much black seed oil:
- Digestive problems: Black seed oil can cause upset stomach, indigestion, bloating, and diarrhea in some people.
- Allergic reactions: Some people may be allergic to black seed oil and experience symptoms such as skin rashes, itching, and swelling.
- Low blood pressure: Taking large amounts of black seed oil may cause low blood pressure (hypotension) in some people.
- Interactions with other medications: Black seed oil may interact with certain medications, such as blood thinners, and alter their effects.
- Breathing difficulties: In rare cases, black seed oil has been linked to breathing difficulties, especially in people with asthma or other respiratory conditions.
Turmeric has numerous benefits to offer. Numerous studies have demonstrated its potent anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer properties. The active ingredient, Curcumin, has the ability to block NF-kB, a molecule responsible for triggering inflammation within the cells. This results in a molecular level fight against inflammation. Curcumin has also been linked to improved brain function, reduced risk of brain diseases, relief for arthritis, decreased risk of heart disease, and potential benefits in cancer treatment. Additionally, studies have investigated the effects of Curcumin on depression.
Turmeric is generally considered safe for most people when consumed in small amounts as a spice in food. However, taking concentrated doses of turmeric supplements can cause some side effects like:
- Digestive problems: Turmeric can cause upset stomach, indigestion, bloating, and diarrhea in some people.
- Low blood pressure: Taking large amounts of turmeric may cause low blood pressure (hypotension) in some people.
- Interactions with other medications: Turmeric may interact with certain medications, such as blood thinners, and alter their effects.
- Skin irritation: Turmeric can cause skin irritation, itching, and redness in some people.
- Allergic reactions: Some people may be allergic to turmeric and experience symptoms such as hives, swelling, and difficulty breathing.
Ultimately, whether you decide to take a CBD stack supplement like that from Spark of Life CBD or a premium CBD stand alone product like that of Vitality CBD, we recommend you discuss either with your health care practitioner as they can help you identify the risks and benefits of each.